1 cauliflower head (~2 lbs)
3-4 medium red potatoes
1 tbsp cumin seeds
2-3 tbsp of olive oil
2 medium red onions diced
1/2 inch square of fresh ginger
8 cloves of garlic
2 medium serrano peppers
3 tsp salt
3 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp curry chicken powder
1/8 tsp red chilli powder
1. Cut cauliflower head into individual one inch florets. Wash and set aside to dry in colander.
2. Wash, peel, and chop potatoes into large pieces.
3. Sautée cumin seeds and onion in oil in a large pot on medium heat until onions are golden brown.
4. Grind masala mix in food processor and stir into pot. Add dry spices and stir to mix.
5. Stir in potatoes. Decrease heat to very low and cover but stir occasionally, allowing the potatoes to steam for ~10 minutes. Then stir in cauliflower and cover pot, allowing mixture to steam for ~20-30 minutes until cauliflower is soft.
6. Enjoy gobi sabji topped with yogurt or as a side with roti.