2 lbs of green beans
3 medium red potatoes
1 tbsp cumin seeds
2-3 tbsp of olive oil
2 medium red onions diced
1/2 inch square of fresh ginger
8 cloves of garlic
2 medium serrano peppers
3 tsp salt
3 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp curry chicken powder
1/8 tsp red chilli powder
1. Cut the tips of the greens beans and then wash them. Dice the green beans.
2. Wash, peel, and chop potatoes in large pieces.
3. Sautée cumin seeds and onion in oil in a large pot on medium heat until onions are golden brown.
4. Grind masala mix in food processor and stir into pot. Add dry spices and stir to mix.
5. Stir in green beans and potatoes. Decrease heat to very low and cover but stir occasionally, allowing the vegetables to steam until soft (~20 minutes).